ODE Middleware

Actually, it’s not required. You’re meant to modify it, remove it, change it. It’s just there for the thing to work when you want to test it.

I know making it more library-ish would be a better idea (and I wanted to do it initially), but I just don’t have the time to do it. I suspect it would require a lot of designing and analysis, which I just can’t afford. I regret that largely, because it would be awesome to see this code used that way, but life is life.

On a side note, I actually use a different way of managing my maps in my actual game too. I used something more similar to what’s in the snippet back when I released it, but now it’s changed a lot. This map.py file is only there to be relatively simple (tho, I still think it’s too complicated for the purpose) and to make things work so you can test it. But you’re expected to scrap it.

I know this is a big inconvenience…

The alternative, to doing what you’re asking for the right way (i.e. transforming this into a library-ish thing), is basically detaching everything off of each other and putting the code up as a set of unconnected, seemingly unrelated classes. That wouldn’t take much time, but it would be very difficult to understand, I guess, so I don’t see a point in doing that.