ODE Middleware

Ach, sorry, somehow I missed that you’ve given the name of the OS. I’m a little tired ATM, so my bad :slight_smile:

Anyway, that might complicate the case a little bit, because I’m on Ubuntu and using the standard Panda package. You, however, had to build it from source, I assume, and ODE seems to be rather delicate. Differences in how it’s built may cause such errors, which, as you can see, are not the most descriptive in the world :wink:.

If you know how to use it, you could try throwing pdb, the python debuger, at it and see what comes out. I don’t remember how helpful it was in case of these errors (I encountered them many times in the past), but it’s worth a shot.

In any case, though, it would be useful to add some more debug prints to the code. I might take a moment and add some more to the actual release, because in cases like this they would help a lot. But before I do, you will have to help yourself to it.

Please go through the Player and the KCC files and add messages like this:

print "ClassName -> MethodName"

to the methods that either enable, disable or update something. If you find some other place you think they could be useful at, add them there too.

Ideally, you could place those in between the update methods’ instructions too, that way we could hopefully nail down the problem that much faster.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but that’s the only way to go. Those ODE error messages basically say nothing and I’m absolutely incapable of reproducing the error here…