Yet Another Blender Egg Exporter (YABEE)

Hi,

Really good work here, I’ve wanted to upgrade to 2.5 more or less for the gui for a long time now, I’m glad someone managed to create an export script for it!

I’ve got a bit of a weird problem though, I built an animated character using an armature + armature modifier + weight paint (on 6 different blender nodes/models, ex. left & right feet, hands, body, and tail, are all seperate)

when I export it (with separate animation files on, mind you), I get a strange behavior

Viewing the model in pview, ex “pview pico.egg pico-walk.egg”, works perfectly.

However, viewing the model as a simple panda3d Actor class, fails miserably and only shows his right shoe, clearly I want his whole body shown,

This is the code I am using:

from direct.directbase import DirectStart
from direct.actor.Actor import Actor

print 'For some magical reason, loading the animation as an Actor class, is failing miserably'
print 'and only shows his right shoe, however, try running the following to preview it in pview:'
print '    pview pico.egg pico-walk.egg'

m = Actor('pico', {'startWalk': 'pico-startWalk', 'walk': 'pico-walk', 'stopWalk': 'pico-stopWalk'})
m.reparentTo(render)
m.loop('walk')

run()

I wrapped all of this, minimal textures, code in “err.py”, and the egg and blender versions of the model, I am using r10 of the script, there are no errors exporting as far as I’ve seen, and again, it views perfectly in pview, just has problems in python’s Actor class

in this zip file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p90t66p55t35m5t
it’s < 1mb so you should have no problems getting it, if you need me to upload it somewhere else or email it to you let me know,

I really appreciate any help or clarification on what’s going wrong with it :smiley:

~powerpup118