Infinite Procedural Terrain Engine

Had an instance of Alice beach house as a background piece to take snapshots in front of so it looked like I was farther along with meshes ( I kno cheating ). Went back and opened the EGG with TextPad, guess what I discover… the magic incantation { Polyset keep descend } is not present. added that by cut and paste fronm the level file in Treeform’s FPS demo and BINGO!!! We have contact. height setting code I ripped off from original Roaming Ralph still not working like it should but I’m showing collisions now at least with this one and only test object. Panda manual talks like the magick spell is not really needed but only to make collisions more efficient. BUT this appears to be an inaccuracy as IT seems to be REQUIRED. And NONE of the Alice EGGs I’ve looked at so far seem to have it but its easy enough to cut and paste. I really liked Craig’s procedural trees but I will probably have to go back to my original concept of randomly placing EGGs for the trees and such. Still wish I could collide the terrains tho as editor would be so much cooler and more like what folks would expect it to do. Now I just wish I could figure how to do something like your slope based texturing shaders that could run on this machine. My code at this point is more Craig’s than yours but I’d really like to make my hills rocky instead of grassy and be able to add a few more height levels. Craig’s shader chain I still don’t really understand well enough even to add in a shoreline texture. Actually at this point I wish I knew why your slope based shaders wont’run on this ATI HD3200 and why Craig’s GEOCLIP won’t either.