[SOLVED] static class TypeHandle GeomVertexData::CacheEntry?

OK, everything you describe here is actually exactly what I would expect.

HAVE_PYTHON is defined within dtool_config.h, because this version of Panda (as distributed on this site for download) was, in fact, built with Python, and therefore it has Python hooks already compiled within it. It is necessary for HAVE_PYTHON to continue to be defined when any application links with this version of Panda, in order to guarantee that the binaries match correctly. (You might be able to undefine HAVE_PYTHON and find the resulting program actually runs without crashing. You might also be able to drop a lit match into a barrel of gasoline and not blow up. I’m not recommending either action.)

You don’t actually need to link with python/libs and get python.dll, however. You could instead simply add libp3pystub.lib to your list of libraries. This library stubs out the require Python interfaces so your program can run without python.dll.

But still, this has nothing to do with your reported problem. You report that adding python\include to your include path also adds parser-inc somehow. I don’t see how; and I’m not sure how you concluded that python is related.

But, you’ve given me a sample project: you tell me that the Roaming Ralph project demonstrates this problem. Can you give me a link to this project? I don’t have a win32 machine with me at the moment, but I can try it tomorrow.

By the way, are you sure that you don’t have parser-inc on your INCLUDES environment variable or something like that?

David