Multisample Issues - Strange Behavior

I knew it!!! I knew I wasn’t going crazy! It’s OpenGL! Has to be!

I can’t run DirectX because I get all kinds of errors which I will type later, but what I want to mention here is the fact, I was able to set sampling to 2x and then 16x and I saw the change (under Dx9).

I can’t say if fps was effected or not because I was having an error, so my fps was lowered anyway.

I would rather used Open GL because it can cross-platform.

I disabled display lists when using DirectX, because an error said lists weren’t supported by DX, so I guess that’s an OpenGL thing.

Anyway, my next Dx9 error was as follows:

display:gsg:dxgsg9(error): vertex_element_type_array check not implemented yet

display:gsg:dxgsg9(error): could not find matching vertex element data for vertex shader

My whole program goes to hell with Dx9 (I’m guessing no better with Dx8). Auto Shaders crash, the fps drops and all the visuals are messed up (textures and alpa).

Going back to the OpenGL issue, even if I set framebuffer-multisample to value 0, I will still get max sampling. As long as framebuffer-multisample is set to 1 or multisamples is set to anything, I get max sampling; both of them don’t have to be set…(?)

Something is messed up somewhere in P3D 1.7.0 with OpenGL and multisampling.

Drwr, man if you can fix this one I think I would love you to death. :slight_smile:

If this issue is present in 1.7.0, then the same issue was most likely carried to later versions.