Error; C2143 and atlcomcli.h File

Ok, so i’ve been tracking this for a bit now and i keep getting the same error multiple times it lookslike the object keeps getting added to the list and it’s already there in the list resulting in the error. Anyone have any other ideas. here is the following error and code where it errors at:

1>c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(332): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before ‘&&’
1> c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h(350) : see reference to class template instantiation ‘ATL::CComPtr’ being compiled

here is the code area from the atlcomcli.h file
that throws the error

CComPtr(_Inout_ CComPtr<T>&& lp) throw() :	
	CComPtrBase<T>()
{	
	p = lp.p;		
	lp.p = NULL;
}

This appears to be a syntax error when compiling the Microsoft header file? I don’t understand what you mean about an object getting added to the list, since that’s a description of a runtime error, which has nothing to do with the compile-time error you’re reporting.

In any case, my best guess about the syntax error is that someone, somewhere has added a line to #define lp to something weird. Or, maybe lp is a template parameter, and you’ve instantiated it with something weird.

David