Proper auto-complete IDE

Hey ynjh_jo, I had tried to run your IDE before making this post but it was freezing on me after selecting a file to open. I decided to give it another try today and I managed to get it working with the following changes:

1: Change the port used in IDEFileSrv.py to something lower than 65335
2: Create a IDE_pref.png in the /images/ folder
3: Create a logTextOverScene-win.png in the /images/ folder

I have to say it’s impressive, but the auto complete is not working out of me. It get method names and parameters stubs (you call them “call tips”) but only if I declare them right away like:
a= Texture()
a. #works

if the object is returned from a method it doesn’t work:
a= base.camNode.getDisplayRegion(0)
a. #nothing here

or if you try to place the object inside another object:
self.a= Texture()
a. #nothing

from pandac.PandaModules import #if you try to use ctrl+space here the program freezes for some 30s then I get an error in IDE.py

I also can’t get the documentation or I don’t know how to.

I can’t figure some stuff out like how to open a file after getting into the edit mode. I don’t know how to display the stdout of my program (ie if I put a print statement on a task that runs each frame I don’t know where to find the results).

From what I have seen I have to say that I will stick with Pydev for now. I might use it later for debugging (not needing to reload everything for each small change is pretty neat).

Unfortunately I don’t have nearly enough python or panda experience to help you out with your project. But I wish you luck.