Infinite Procedural Terrain Engine

Every time I run your baker the terrain changes even if I pass a value to it as id = 666 for example. Looked at Python docs seems id is a builtin function that returns the internal id number of the object, which obviously changes every invocation. Seems this collides with your useage, Idle highlights id as purple just like True, False etc. Going through and changing it to terrainSeed. Hopefully this works OK.

Tried to transplant your terrain code into my original framework based on Craig’s code and ran into another gotcha. Even after straightening out the difference between the height functions I have two odd glitches one is that the texturer fails totally resulting in blank gray geomip tiles and two the returned heights always totally crazy, leaving me 3000-90000m ABOVE the terrain.

I’m going to have to ZIP up what I’ve got and put it somewhere you can get at it, have Google code and GIT but can’t figure out how to use them.

I don’t want to toss my whole framework, I have a cool bottom nav bar, an avatar with swimming action, a tracking sky with clouds sun moons and a tracking waterplane. And a mostly operational 1st 2nd 3rd view cam with orbit and joystick interface.

Going back to a copy of your framework to try the “id” mod to see if I get stable terrain tho.

YIP! YIP!
the “Dirty ol Fox”