which package is the suitable one?

Return to Compiling or Editing the Panda Source

which package is the suitable one?

Postby liuhui » Wed May 16, 2012 6:37 am

I was going to compile panda3d 1.8 on Fedora 14.

I had installed the packages of

libjpeg-turbo.i686 1.1.1-1.fc14
freetype.i686 2.4.2-3.fc14

However, when I try to compile dtool, it shows:

Environment variable PPREMAKE_CONFIG not set; using defaults.
Generating src/dtoolutil/pandaVersion.h
Generating src/dtoolutil/checkPandaVersion.h
Generating src/dtoolutil/checkPandaVersion.cxx
Generating src/prc/prc_parameters.h
Read 18 Sources.pp files.
Generating Makefile

Configuring support for the following optional third-party packages:
- Did not find Eigen linear algebra library
- Did not find OpenSSL
- Did not find libjpeg
- Did not find libpng
- Did not find libtiff
- Did not find libtar
- Did not find fftw
- Did not find squish
+ Nvidia Cg High Level Shading Language
+ Cg OpenGL API
- Did not find Cg DX8 API
- Did not find Cg DX9 API
- Did not find Cg DX10 API
- Did not find VRPN
- Did not find zlib
- Did not find Miles Sound System
- Did not find FMOD Ex sound library
- Did not find OpenAL sound library
- Did not find Ageia PhysX
- Did not find SpeedTree
- Did not find gtk+-2
- Did not find Freetype
- Did not find WxWidgets
- Did not find FLTK
- Did not find OpenGL
- Did not find OpenGL ES 1
- Did not find OpenGL ES 2
- Did not find DirectX8
- Did not find DirectX9
+ Tinydisplay
- Did not find X11
- Did not find Mesa
- Did not find OpenCV
- Did not find FFMPEG
- Did not find ODE
- Did not find AWESOMIUM
- Did not find OpenMaya
- Did not find FCollada
- Did not find COLLADA DOM
- Did not find Assimp
- Did not find ARToolKit
- Did not find libRocket

I checked I had installed some packages of nspr, libjpeg, libpng, zlib, fmod, freetype, openssl, gtk, ffmpeg, why the compiler cannot find these packages?
Do you like Chinese poems, visit my websites, it give you some gifts both in English and Chinese (illus), including "Top 4 Beauties of China", "Shooting Suns", "No.1 Fisherman", "No. 1 Assassinator", "Paradise of Peach Blossom", etc. (1-93)
liuhui

Postby rdb » Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 pm

You will need the devel versions of the right packages. A (possibly incomplete?) list of packages for Fedora 14 follows:
Code: Select all
sudo yum install python-devel bison flex libtiff-devel libpng-devel gtk2-devel openssl-devel gcc-c++ libstdc++-devel freetype-devel libjpeg-devel mesa-libOSMesa-devel libXft-devel mesa-libGL-devel mesa-libGLU-devel opencv-devel ffmpeg-devel nspr-devel xulrunner-devel ode-devel Cg openal-soft-devel fftw2-devel gtk2-devel zlib-devel libX11-devel libXxf86dga-devel libXrandr-devel
rdb

The sources are needed?

Postby liuhui » Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 pm

rdb wrote:You will need the devel versions of the right packages. A (possibly incomplete?) list of packages for Fedora 14 follows:
Code: Select all
sudo yum install python-devel bison flex libtiff-devel libpng-devel gtk2-devel openssl-devel gcc-c++ libstdc++-devel freetype-devel libjpeg-devel mesa-libOSMesa-devel libXft-devel mesa-libGL-devel mesa-libGLU-devel opencv-devel ffmpeg-devel nspr-devel xulrunner-devel ode-devel Cg openal-soft-devel fftw2-devel gtk2-devel zlib-devel libX11-devel libXxf86dga-devel libXrandr-devel

Do you mean we should use the packages with the sources?

I will try again.
Do you like Chinese poems, visit my websites, it give you some gifts both in English and Chinese (illus), including "Top 4 Beauties of China", "Shooting Suns", "No.1 Fisherman", "No. 1 Assassinator", "Paradise of Peach Blossom", etc. (1-93)
liuhui

Where to find the sources of all packages?

Postby liuhui » Thu May 17, 2012 3:45 am

I still can not find the sources of packages below:

- Did not find Eigen linear algebra library
- Did not find squish
- Did not find Cg DX8 API
- Did not find Cg DX9 API
- Did not find Cg DX10 API
- Did not find VRPN
- Did not find Miles Sound System
- Did not find FMOD Ex sound library
- Did not find Ageia PhysX
- Did not find SpeedTree
- Did not find gtk+-2
- Did not find WxWidgets
- Did not find FLTK
- Did not find OpenGL ES 1
- Did not find OpenGL ES 2
- Did not find DirectX8
- Did not find DirectX9
- Did not find Mesa
- Did not find AWESOMIUM
- Did not find OpenMaya
- Did not find Assimp

Can you give us some clues?
liuhui

Postby drwr » Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 am

It is normal not to find all of these packages. Most of these on this list are not available on Linux, or are at least not standard packages. And for the most part, you don't need them.

For instance, you can't build (and shouldn't expect to build) the various DirectX interfaces on Linux, because DirectX is Windows-specific.

If there's one of these packages that you actually *do* need, because you are specifically looking for the functionality provided by this package, then you should investigate how to install that package on your Fedora system. But I don't see anything on that list that you're likely to need for normal Panda development.

David
drwr

Postby rdb » Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 pm

You might want to grab the devel package of the libGTK-2.0 package on your system (whatever it is called exactly, but I'm 100% sure it's in the Fedora main repos), otherwise it won't be able to build PStats correctly. Besides that, you won't likely need most of these, as David points out.
rdb

Focus

Postby liuhui » Thu May 17, 2012 8:21 pm

You are right, I had met some mistake in the compiling process of 'panda'. I will do it again and focus on main function of Panda3D first.
liuhui

Error for 'panda'

Postby liuhui » Fri May 18, 2012 7:38 am

When compiling 'panda', error below was met (I use Chinese Language and had translated Chinese characters into English):

make[1]: 离开目录 (leave directory) “/home/liuhui/workspace/panda3d-1.8.0/panda/src/tinydisplay”
cd ./src/vision && make all
make[1]: 进入目录 (enter directory)“/home/liuhui/workspace/panda3d-1.8.0/panda/src/vision”
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -c -o Opt3-Linux/p3vision_p3vision_composite1.o -I. -I/home/liuhui/workspace/panda3d-1.8.0/panda -I../audio -I../cull -I../display -I../downloader -I../event -I../express -I../gobj -I../gsgbase -I../linmath -I../mathutil -I../movies -I../nativenet -I../net -I../pandabase -I../parametrics -I../pgraph -I../pgraphnodes -I../pipeline -I../pnmimage -I../pnmtext -I../pstatclient -I../putil -I../text -I/usr/local/panda/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/ffmpeg -g -O2 -fPIC p3vision_composite1.cxx
In file included from config_vision.cxx:16:0,
from p3vision_composite1.cxx:2:
openCVTexture.h:23:20: 致命错误 (fatal error):cxcore.h:没有那个文件或目录 (no such file or directory)
编译中断 (interrupt the compiling)。
make[1]: *** [Opt3-Linux/p3vision_p3vision_composite1.o] 错误 1 (error 1)
make[1]: 离开目录 (leave directory)“/home/liuhui/workspace/panda3d-1.8.0/panda/src/vision”
make: *** [vision] 错误 2 (error 2)

I do not know how to handle this problem. Do you have some quick methods to continue the compiling process?
liuhui

Postby rdb » Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 am

Search for the package containing that file using yum or rpm. Probably something like libcxcore-devel.
rdb

Erase opencv

Postby liuhui » Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 am

When I erase opencv-devel from the packages, the compiling process finished completely.

It seems that the codes of opencv have some problems. How to fix it?
liuhui

really?

Postby liuhui » Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

rdb wrote:Search for the package containing that file using yum or rpm. Probably something like libcxcore-devel.

Really? I will try tomorrow.

It seems the code dependency of Panda3d need more explanations.

By the way, can we ppremake panda3d 1.8 in fedora 16 or above without any modification?
liuhui

Postby rdb » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

I don't know. One way to find out.
rdb

It depends on Fedora

Postby liuhui » Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

rdb wrote:I don't know. One way to find out.

I think it depends on Fedora. I am not familiar with the rules of ppremake.

Another question:
To build an installer, either rpmbuild or dpkg-deb must be present on your system!

Does it only mean that we should install rpmbuild or dpkg-deb?

I will try after lunch.
liuhui

What is wrong

Postby liuhui » Fri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm

I meet a new problem below:

[100%] Building installer
dpkg-gensymbols: warning: new libraries appeared in the symbols file: libpandafx.so.1.8 libpandaegg.so.1.8 libp3dtoolconfig.so.1.8 libp3pystub.so.1.8 libpandaexpress.so.1.8 libpandaode.so.1.8 libp3glstuff.so.1.8 libp3direct.so.1.8 libp3vision.so.1.8 libp3framework.so.1.8 libpandaai.so.1.8 libp3dtool.so.1.8 libpandaphysics.so.1.8 libp3tinydisplay.so.1.8 libpanda.so.1.8 libpandaskel.so.1.8
dpkg-gensymbols: warning: no debian/symbols file used as basis for generating DEBIAN/symbols
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpandafx.so.1.8 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/lib/panda3d/libpandamesa.so" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libp3glstuff.so.1.8 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/lib/panda3d/libpandagl.so debian/panda3d1.8/usr/lib/panda3d/libpandamesa.so" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfftw.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/lib/panda3d/libpanda.so debian/panda3d1.8/usr/lib/panda3d/libpanda.so.1.8" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libz.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/test_interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/apply_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/build_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/multify debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/make-prc-key debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/show_ddb debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/parse_file debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_adler debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pdecrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pencrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/punzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate_module debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_crc debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_md5" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librfftw.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf-points debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2bam debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2dxf debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam-info" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libdl.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/test_interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/apply_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/build_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/x2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-texture-cards debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-optchar debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf-points debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pview debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/image-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2c debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pfm-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/obj2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/lwo-scan debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/p3dcparse debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2flt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/image-info debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/text-stats debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/multify debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/ppython debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-list-textures debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/vrml-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/make-prc-key debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/eggcacher debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/flt-info debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2bam debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2x debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/show_ddb debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/parse_file debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-qtess debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/x-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-retarget-anim debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-palettize debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/image-resize debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bin2c debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_adler debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/packpanda debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/flt2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-rename debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pdecrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/vrml2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/lwo2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-crop debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/softcvs debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pencrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/punzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2dxf debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-make-tube debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate_module debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_crc debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-topstrip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_md5 debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/flt-trans debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-mkfont debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/fltcopy debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam-info" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-optchar debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg-mkfont" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libutil.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/ppython debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/eggcacher debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/packpanda" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfftw.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf-points debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2bam debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/dxf2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam2egg debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/egg2dxf debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/bam-info" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpng12.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libssl.so.10 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/test_interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/apply_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/build_patch debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/multify debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/make-prc-key debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/show_ddb debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/parse_file debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_adler debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pdecrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pencrypt debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/punzip debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/interrogate_module debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_crc debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/check_md5" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/panda3d1.8/usr/bin/pstats" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
sh: fakeroot: command not found
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 5 min 33 sec
The following command returned a non-zero value: fakeroot dpkg-deb -b targetroot panda3d1.8_1.8.0_i386.deb
Build terminated.

What is wrong?
liuhui

Done

Postby liuhui » Sat May 19, 2012 5:13 am

Ok, done for fedora 14.

Thanks. Further discussions for further releasing questions in the future.
liuhui

Postby rdb » Sun May 20, 2012 3:20 am

You were trying to build a .deb file on Fedora. You should install rpmbuild instead of dpkg-deb in order to tell makepanda to build an .rpm instead of a .deb file.
rdb

Return to Compiling or Editing the Panda Source