Infinite Procedural Terrain Engine

Yeah I even looked at MV3D as a way to get things up faster, but could never even get it to run… also its based on an earlier ver of Panda/Python and I’ve already upgraded to the latest ver ( 1.8/2.7 ).

I'm doing this in a layered approach, as soon as I'm done fleshing out Stephen's terrain populator with more tree and plant species and giving it the ability to set where they can appear ( latitude, altitude, slope and so on ) so they don't grow out of the water ( except for cattails and mangroves ) I want to add in a very few of Craig's procedural ferns and treetrunks to spice it up as well as some egg model palms etc. These tend to be more CPU intensive so will use sparingly.

Then I move on to adding SQL Lite DB files and cacheing to the terrain tiles, procedurals can be serial numbered into the DB so land can be "cleared" for roads and buildings. I'm wanting to do a "Sim City 4" like terrain editor that can modify the cached heightmaps. You have obviously been thinking along similar lines for some time, so I hope your "data recovery" goes well. As for your usefulness, you are undoubtable farther along in understanding Blender and your knowledge of C++ would be very helpful when it comes time to put all this Python code thru Cython and generate a faster C++ version of the app. But this probably won't happen till the distributed P2P networking layer is done with Twisted Core and Entangled.

Also I need more of the game logic in place, asset packaging and so on. I've spent a few years working on design as well see here:

sites.google.com/site/foxyworld … hitepapers

My eventual goal is to totally destroy the economics of “virtual land” as they exist on totally server based sites like Second Life. $9.95 a month for a squtty little 25 meter square with only 1500 primitive objects is just outrageous price gouging and limits VR only to those with a credit card. UNACCEPTABLE

sincerely,
Lord Raven gengoro Foxfire-Ninetails