Compiling on Kubuntu 12.04

I am trying to compile panda3d for(on) the raspberry pi. I have been using it on ubuntu on a laptop for a short while and am impressed (easy to install works very well).

However on the raspberry pi I get these same thirdparty package warnings. I am compiling with makepanda.py --nothing --use-png --use-jpeg --use-python

when I got the warning I tried sudo apt-get install jpeg
etc which seemed to install ok though for python it told me that I already had the latest version.

makepanda.py gives the same warnings.

I then noticed that you (rdb) suggested that jpeg implies the installation of libjpeg62-dev or suchlike!!!

The link does not seem obvious to me and I can’t find any information in the documents or online.

Could you point me in the right direction? Maybe something in the INSTALL-MK would be a good idea. It says you don’t really need the thirdparty things for linux but that otherwise download the thirdparty stuff (which I thought might have some clues to help match jpeg=libjpeg62-dec etc) from “Panda3D source, piecewise, 3 of 3” however this doesn’t seem to match anything on the panda website any more.

Thanks