Panda for Ubuntu 12.04

Hi PeteX,

I want to thank you for the awesome cheatsheet. I was able to compile the sdk and the runtime as well for Ubuntu 12.04 with some help from google searches and IRC. A few things that did not work as written in the cheatsheet:

The cmake line for Bullet should be like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-fPIC" \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../panda3d-1.8.0/thirdparty/linux-libs-x64/bullet \
-DINCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR=../panda3d-1.8.0/thirdparty/linux-libs-x64/bullet/include/

The mistake is that you have written it as …/…/panda3d-1.8.0/thirdparty/linux-libs-x64/bullet/include/ (not …/…/ but …/).

Secondly, during the Bullet ‘make -j3’ line, I get an error:

In static member function ‘static _cl_context* btOpenCLUtils::createContextFromPlatform(cl_platform_id, cl_device_type, cl_int*, void*, void*, int, int)’:
Demos/SharedOpenCL/btOpenCLUtils.cpp:125:12: error: ‘CL_GL_CONTEXT_KHR’ was not declared in this scope
Demos/SharedOpenCL/btOpenCLUtils.cpp:127:12: error: ‘CL_WGL_HDC_KHR’ was not declared in this scope

So, to solve this, in Demos/SharedOpenCL/btOpenCLUtils.cpp, I need to include CL/cl_gl.h. This can be done by removing the #ifdef _WIN32 (line 49) and the corresponding #endif //_WIN32 lines.

Also, before compiling Panda3D 1.8 on a 64-bit architecture, I needed to change ‘lib64’ to ‘lib’ in makepanda/installpanda.py (at the beginning of the file). This is not needed if you are using the sources from the CVS repository.

On a side note, to compile the panda3d runtime, I installed firefox-dev package and changed

char* NP_GetMIMEDescription

in “direct/src/plugin_npapi/startup.h” and “direct/src/plugin_npapi/startup.cxx” to

const char* NP_GetMIMEDescription