Don't mind the mess!
We're currently in the process of migrating the Panda3D Manual to a new service. This is a temporary layout in the meantime.
Note: This article describes a deprecated feature as of Panda3D 1.10.0.
When the Panda3D plugin system runs your p3d file, it must first download the correct version of Panda3D, as well as any auxiliary packages your p3d file requires in order to run. Generally, the auxiliary packages represent parts of the Panda3D system that are not required by all p3d files, and so have been separated to minimize unnecessary download.
The current set of auxiliary packages provided by the Panda3D team are:
- The FMod audio system, a closed-source library that is cost-free only for non-commercial use.
- The OpenAL audio system, an audio library that is free in both senses of the word, but does not work well on all platforms.
- Including this package implicitly includes either fmod or openal, whichever works best on the current platform. This is a good choice to enable audio for non-GPL, non-commercial applications.
- The egg loader. Include this package if you wish to load egg files or use the egg library at runtime. Since packp3d automatically converts egg files to bam files, most applications don't need to include this package.
- The Panda3D vision libraries, containing webcam, computer vision and augmented reality support.
- The ODE physics engine.
- The PhysX physics engine. Only functional on 32-bits Linux and Windows.
- The wxPython GUI system.
- The Tk GUI system.
- The PandAI libraries.
- A collection of the default Python modules. You may need to mark this as dependency if you find default Python modules missing when running your game.
- The collection of standard models and textures that is included in the SDK. Note that you should not use the "models/" prefix when loading these.
There are also other packages for Python libraries, such as httplib2, numpy, pil, pycurl, pygame, pyopengl, sqlite, tk and twisted. More packages can be added if there is need.
To include any of the above packages in your p3d file, use the "-r" parameter to packp3d, e.g. "packp3d -o myapp.p3d -r audio -r ode".Previous Top Next