Between the launch of Panda3D 1.10 and the new website, our new funding campaign, our new Discord server, and so much more that we haven’t even gotten to write about, the past few months have been very busy for us. Despite all that, development has not stood still! We’ve been working hard to address the issues that were found in the previous two releases, culminating in this new, stabler release.
As with all minor releases, this is a bugfix release, and should be more stable than its predecessors. Since it resolves some regressions in 1.10.1, we strongly recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible. If you installed Panda3D using pip, you can simply upgrade by typing
pip install -U panda3d. Otherwise, head over to our download page and grab the latest SDK.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you’re having any problems! You can do this on the GitHub issue tracker, the Discourse forums, or more informally, on our new Discord server or IRC channel. And stay tuned for news about our plans for the next major release!
Furthermore, we’d like to remind you that PyWeek 27 is right around the corner! If you’re interested in participating and are planning on doing a 3D entry, there’s no better choice than Panda3D 1.10.2. Best of luck to all those who plan on taking part!
Below is the full list of changes:
- Fix regression on Windows causing freezes and instability
- Fix a memory leak issue in Python applications
- Fix crash reading unaligned float4 column in GeomVertexReader
- Fixes for switching to fullscreen at runtime on Windows and Linux
- Fix incorrect display mode listing in some Linux distributions
- Fix threading crash on Linux when using
from __future__ import divisionfor Panda types
- Support building with Visual Studio 2019 in makepanda
- Work around Assimp crash when loading multiple .ply models
- On Windows, a Python 3-compatible version of Pmw is included
- Fix ParticlePanel spam when hovering over File menu items
- TexMemWatcher has been fixed for Python 3
- Prevent macOS window getting stuck after
- Fix assertion setting mass before shape with Bullet debug build
- Don’t error if DirectScrolledFrame is destroyed twice
- Fix reference count corruption accessing
- Fix writing to SequenceNode frame_rate property
- Fix collider sort not copied when copying CollisionNode
- Add OpenCollective backer file